13 July 2009

Fumigation '09

I just finished reformatting my week-old laptop. Why, you ask?

Because I made the unfortunate mistake of letting my boyfriend download Bruno via BitTorrent. The file included one (1) protected WMV copy of Bruno and bazillion (3424879823749) Malware/spyware/trojans.

Instead of making chili relleno as planned, I sat for four hours trying to track those aggressive little shits down. I've had various spyware/malware before, but this was different. In addition to redirecting my search results to insurance websites, this shit hid out in the temp folder and fucked with my registry. I McAffee'd in vain--nothing was found after an excruciatingly long scan. Letting it sit overnight was the worst idea ever--I woke up and could not boot Vista due to the BSoD.

Bruno isn't worth that mess. Since I only had one week's worth of ripped CDs, free programs and configurations, at the end of four hours it became easier to say "fuck it" and fumigate my lappy.

Then I made tacos, and Tommy and Flobes rejoiced.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment