19 July 2009

Cigarettes

I didn't quit smoking.

Cigarette breaks--the allure of many a non-smoker--brought me back.

Smokers: Tell me you've had those breaks. The ones that happen outside of parties and gatherings, when a new type of conversation emerges and everyone is so engaged they don't want to go back in. Those when you end up smoking your lucky to the last nasty filtered drag, and still hang around outside hoping someone will give you another.

Of course, you wake up and your mouth tastes like ass-ash, but it was worth that awesome conversation. I've met some of my best friends on smoke breaks.

So what is it about smoke breaks? To me, they're exceptionally good times that just happen to involve cigarettes. Cigarettes aren't exactly necessary; they're just the excuse to get out of the clogged interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment