30 June 2011

Ambition

It seems I've gotten a little too ambitious with work this week.

As I'm trying to go on vacation at the end of July, just for a weekend, I thought it'd be nice to plan out my entire month as far as articles go. What runs when, who needs portraits taken, what things I have to go cover. Sounds like a plan, right?

WRONG. Not only is it almost impossible to plot these things out due to the negligent planning of others, but I cannot pace myself for the life of me. I now have a full page of ideas, which is good, but in my brain, they must be at least somewhat developed and planned before I leave the city for any period of time. They don't actually have to be, but my internal task list has become cluttered and overwhelmed. At this rate, I'll never get to go anywhere, because I have no idea where to start!

I am dumbass. There's got to be some system here, some time-management thing where I can semi-plan for an entire month but not have to look at everything at once.

Perhaps multiple pages of a legal pad would do. And a little less frantic garble. I'm forgetting I have an entire week to pull off four articles for an issue, and I don't actually have to have everything done this week.

Word I like: Gerbil.

1 comment:

  1. I <3 you. Don't push too hard, otherwise "ambition" will be "burnout."

    ReplyDelete