31 August 2010

Back in the USSR

What I want to write right now should be saved for a night when I've had too much to drink, and I'm lonely and sad, and can't understand why I can't have the things I want. Because as it stands, it's 10:40am, and I'm stone sober. It's not that I can't understand why I can't have what I want; I just don't want to understand.

When I have too much to drink, I get into that mindset--the childlike get-grab-gimme. It's kind of amusing, and makes for some really funny stories sometimes. Right now, I can't even blame it on booze, and last night I wasn't drunk either. I hate it when issues become symptomatic even after you remove the most obvious cause. Ahh, I'm just throwing an inexcusable fit. Haha.

Understanding probably won't solve anything. There's no sense in asking things like "Why have I been dealt this hand?" or "When will it be easy again?" The sad and horrible truth is probably as simple as Christie waits. Why? Because she's good at it.

That's how Russia avoided becoming Napoleon Country. Want to conquer Russia? Go right ahead, they won't stop you. Just don't come running when you realize how much of Russia is impenetrable frozen tundra, and your troops start dying of frostbite and hunger.

Actually, that metaphor sucks. I give up on this block of text.

1 comment: