29 June 2010

Into the caverns of tomorrow with just our flashlights and our love

June has been good to me.

Rounded it off with a gathering of unique souls yesterday and last night. It's amazing what people can do when we set our sights on one goal, especially when that goal is our own happiness.

I've been happy before, but this is something entirely different. The things that came out of us last night felt like ectoplasm in a seance, something wholly not of us, but partly possessing us. Using us for some purpose that none of us would have thought of, something that no one believes has a purpose anymore.

To play is to remember what it was like before I imposed limitations on myself, before I became self-conscious about the only body I'll ever have. Before I was taught that life was pain, a constant lack of money, and a series of unhappy relationships.

Before all of that, I was brilliant. I remember now.

No comments:

Post a Comment