15 June 2010

I love when I consciously try to spend extended periods of time without the internet. All that mentality does is make it off-limits, which in turn, makes it all the more alluring. I love you, internet. I can't go more than a day or two without needing to google something.

Permaculture for Renters (.com) is something I've been wondering about for a while now. Found it tonight, about 6-7 hours after I decided I would take an internet break for a few days. Whatever, Christie. You can't do it. Not when it's right here!

Talked to a friend of mine at work tonight about that sort of lifestyle--the "I don't need your bill, Entergy" lifestyle--and his grandfather, a spunky old man who goes by the name Wild Bill, does exactly that. He has a blacksmith shop somewhere in North Louisiana and just kind of lives off his land and makes knives and guns. I googled Wild Bill Caldwell tonight also. I want to learn all that shit. I probably never will, but you know. I waited on Wild Bill once, and that's probably the closest I'll ever come to learning how to make weapons.

I'm cutting this one short for frozen yogurt. That's something the internet can't give me.



No comments:

Post a Comment