03 August 2009

Barrel-chested and solid-souled, I have decided to "do this".

I'm going to be teaching English as a second language by this time next year.

It's more than enough time for me to save up for either the plane ticket, or the certification that pays for the plane ticket. I'm leaving. If I don't, I hold you--mostly my family and friends--responsible for reminding me what I haven't done. Of course I hold myself responsible, but as you learn in 5 years of peer-editing, one person cannot always see what they're doing wrong.

So: Drew, Annie, Jen, Ant, Ross, Tommy, Josh, Amanda, Mandi; my most esteemed friends and family, I'm counting on you to hold me to this. Rain or shine, unless one of my parents meets an untimely death, one of you needs to tell me to follow my dreams. If I haven't spoken of it by June of next year, remind me. I may have forgotten to follow my dreams, and that is inexcusable.

The doors will open, if I am the one turning the knob. I need out of Louisiana.

2 comments:

  1. Do it. Bust down the door if you have to--alternately, I hear you can get lockpicks for pretty cheap.

    Where are you looking to teach? One of my co-workers is planning to teach ESL in South America within the next couple years, and I believe (not certain) that she's already found a program. I can talk to her and see what avenues she's gone/is going through, if you'd like.

    Anyway, I'll do my best to prod you if it looks like you're settling too far down into the swamp mud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOWWOWWWW YOWWWW DWEAAAMZZZZ. but you can't leave or i'll die.

    ReplyDelete